If you manage an eCommerce website, you know discounts and sales are a proven way to increase conversions and sales. One of the most popular ways to offer eCommerce discounts is to provide a coupon code in exchange for an email signup.
But to maximize conversions, you need to be strategic. A generic 10% off coupon for new email subscribers is a good start, but to really move the needle you need to offer targeted, personalized discounts.
With the right conversion tools for eCommerce, you can maximize email list growth with targeted promotions, personalized messaging, and dynamic content. For instance, you can:
- Display targeted, one-time-use coupon codes.
- Limit coupon use with unique codes tied to the user’s email or even IP address.
- Encourage coupon redemption with banners and triggered email reminders.
- Control when and where coupons are presented on your site.
- Customize coupon pop-up designs with your branding.
- Target First Time Visitors or Customers on Exit with pop-ups and lightboxes.
- Incentivize signups with interactive content, such as product recommendation quizzes.
- Prevent abandoned carts with exit-intent coupon pop-ups
- Show coupons based on free shipping thresholds.
Here are a few tactics you can use to increase both email signups and coupon conversion.
Target coupon offers based on the current page content
The more relevant an offer is, the more likely it is to convert your site visitors into email subscribers and customers.
By using pop-up builders with dynamic features, you can create contextual coupon pop-ups that invite shoppers to sign up for discounts on the products they’ve browsed or otherwise shown an interest in.
For example, with Digioh’s dynamic pop-up features, you can change the copy and creative dynamically based on the current product category:
We’ve seen that contextual coupon promotions can often double your email signups.
Limit coupon use with one-time-use coupons
To prevent coupon sites like RetailMeNot from sharing your promotions, or prevent multiple redemptions from one user, you can offer unique, one-time-use coupon codes.
How it works: By creating a list of one-time-use coupon codes, each website visitor will see a different coupon code that can only be used once. This prevents codes from being shared on discount sites.
Digioh also allows you to limit coupon codes to ONE code per IP address. That way, multiple email submissions won’t generate additional coupon codes.
Encourage coupon code redemption with pop-ups and personalized emails
Many subscribers won’t use their coupon code immediately, or they might forget that they have a coupon. For these users, you can create timely, targeted coupon reminders sent via email or presented on your site.
How we encourage coupon code redemption: We offer multiple ways to remind your subscribers to use their coupon codes:
- Display the coupon code in a dynamic website banner or sliding pop-up.
- Pass the code to your email service provider, so that it can be sent in a drip campaign.
- Show the coupon code to opted-in subscribers every time they visit your website.
- Create a sense of urgency by displaying a timer that counts down until the coupon code expires.
Limit when and where coupon codes are displayed
During some promotional campaigns, you might want to limit who sees a coupon code. For example, you may only want to show coupon codes to first-time website visitors, traffic from a certain source (e.g. Facebook, or Google Ads campaigns), or a certain country/region (e.g. USA only).
You may also want to limit coupon codes to high-value transactions, like specific products, or total shopping cart amount (e.g. over $100).
Or, maybe you want to prevent cart abandonment by showing exit-intent coupon pop-ups to shoppers as they leave your site.
How it works: Within Digioh, you can edit the specific display conditions (e.g. traffic source, country, product value, and more.)
Create coupon pop-ups quickly by starting with one of our high-converting templates
Digioh offers plenty of templates in our theme gallery to help you launch campaigns quickly. Customize your themes in our drag-and-drop editor, or let us design custom pop-ups tailored to your brand. Once you create your coupon code pop-up, you can add dynamic content and one-time-use coupon codes to grow your email list quickly.
Want to see these coupon features in action? Schedule your demo here.