Out-of-stock items are frustrating for both shoppers and marketers. As a shopper, you don’t want to go elsewhere to hunt down that product you need; and as a marketer, you definitely don’t want to miss out on sales.
Your solution: automatic back-in-stock email notifications. When a website visitor views an out-of-stock item, the visitor is prompted to submit their email address. Once the item is available, they’ll receive an email inviting them to continue shopping.
There are various solutions for product availability alerts, but Digioh is designed for marketers who need:
- a solution that integrates with any shopping cart and email service provider. Digioh offers 400+ built-in integrations (including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Shopify, BigCommerce, Zapier, SendGrid, Magento, Klaviyo, Miva, and more)
- custom back-end integrations to send back-in-stock notifications with their own ESP
- a full e-commerce conversion software suite, including advanced personalization, targeting, and shopping cart abandonment features
- a code-free, drag-and-drop web form builder (create coupon pop-ups, product recommendation quizzes, surveys, embedded forms, and more)
Here’s how to create a back-in-stock notification with Digioh:
The Digioh team can set up the rest for you in your Digioh account – no IT required.
1. Design your form exactly the way you want it to look with our drag-and-drop form builder.
2. Make it an inline widget type.
3. Use jQuery positioning to embed the form.
4. Use HTML Exist jQuery Rules to detect when an item goes out of stock. This could be looking for the word “Out of Stock” in a specific div or another type of identifier like “0 left”.
5. (optional) Personalize the Inline form to say “Currently [Item Name] is Out of Stock. Enter your email to learn when it is back in stock.”
6. On Form Submission, use Hidden Fields and Dynamic Items to pass the Item Name, Item SKU, and any other product information to your back-end integration. Digioh can be integrated into any ESP, CRM, or your own custom database/shopping cart solution to pass information in real-time.
7. (Optional Bonus Step) For logged-in subscribers, Digioh can grab the email address from your source or in a cookie/local storage value and pass it. This way, you don’t have to ask for an email address; it will be a 1-click notification system. You can also have 2 forms, one for logged in visitors (one click) and another for logged-out visitors (ask for an email address).
Have any questions about back-in-stock notifications, product availability alerts, or the rest of our eCommerce conversion features? We’d love to hear from you!